Igbo quit notice: Hand over all oil blocs owned by northerners to our indigenes – Niger Delta militants tell’s FG

– A group of Niger Delta militants are demanding that the federal government return all oil blocs controlled by Northerners

– Leaders of the militant groups said that they also intend to declare an independent Niger Delta on October 1

– The militant leaders also warned all companies operating such oil blocs to vacate within three months

A group of Niger Delta militants on Friday, June 9, demanded that the federal government return all oil blocs controlled by Northerners, to the people of the oil-producing region.

PLUSMILA.com gathered that the demand is in reaction to the quit notice issued by some northern youth groups to the Igbos to vacate the North within three months. The group of militants is made up of the Niger Delta Watchdogs, Niger Delta Volunteers, Niger Delta Peoples Fighters, Niger Delta Warriors, Bakassi Freedom Fighters, Niger Delta Movement for Justice, Niger Delta Fighters Network and Niger Delta Freedom Mandate.

Leaders of the militant groups in a joint statement said that they also intend to declare an independent Niger Delta on October 1, to free their people from northern enslavement.

The communiqué which was signed by the leaders of the groups warned all the companies operating such oil blocs to quit within three months.

The group leaders are: ‘General’ John Duku (Niger Delta Watchdogs and Convener: Coalition of Niger Delta Agitators), ‘General’ Ekpo Ekpo (Niger Delta Volunteers), ‘General’ Osarolor Nedam (Niger Delta Warriors), and ‘Major-Gen.’ Henry Okon Etete (Niger Delta Peoples Fighters). Others are ‘Major-Gen.’

Asukwo Henshaw (Bakassi Freedom Fighters), ‘Major-Gen.’ Ibinabo Horsfall (Niger Delta Movement for Justice), ‘Major-Gen.’ Duke Emmanson (Niger Delta Fighters Network), and ‘Major-Gen.’ Inibeghe Adams (Niger Delta Freedom Mandate).

READ ALSO  Buhari’s Wife, Aisha Dissociates Self From Impostor

Read the full statement below:

Loading...

“A coalition of the Niger Delta militants met today in Port Harcourt to review the recent call by the Arewa Youths groups that the Ndigbo should vacate all the Northern states within three months. “We see the declaration by Arewa Youths as a declaration which the northern elders, leaders, political elite, security heads from the North and governors were fully aware of. “We demand 100 per cent control of our resources.

We demand that the Federal Government should hand over all oil blocs owned by northerners to Niger Delta indigenes. All the companies operating in such oil blocs/wells should vacate within three months.

“The Federal Government should immediately relocate NNPC and all the offices that have to do with oil/gas sector back to Niger Delta states and immediately replace the Group Managing Director with an indigene of Niger Delta.

“All northern indigenes working in NNPC and any other board that has anything to do with oil/gas should be sacked with immediate effect. “We demand an independent and sovereign Republic of Niger Delta.

We are tired of living with the North under Nigeria. We are tired of the President’s sentiments against the Niger Delta people. “The President can have time to receive the Chibok girls but could not have time to meet with the representatives of the Niger Delta agitators. Our money has been used to fund Boko Haram, a problem created by the Northerners in order to use it as conduit pipe to siphon the resources of Niger Delta.

READ ALSO  Apostle Suleman and his wife celebrate their 13th wedding anniversary

“On October 1, 2017 we shall declare our independence come rain, come shine. We shall take our destiny in our hands and free ourselves from the slavery of the North as they are tired of one Nigeria,” the statement added.

PLUSMILA.com previously reported that former minister of aviation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, has said any slaughter of Igbos in the north will lead to a swift retaliation throughout the south.

The former minister in reaction to the three months eviction notice on Igbos in the north by the Coalition of Northern Youths (CNY), warned that this time around, any act of war will consume the north who believe they own Nigeria. Fani-Kayode via his Facebook page said those that gave the Igbos quit notice in the north are playing with fire.

Loading...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *