82 Kidnapped Chibok girls freed by Boko Haram

Sahara Reporters is reporting that 80 kidnapped Chibok girls have been freedv by Boko Haram insurgents to Saturday, May 6.

According to SaharaReporters, the Islamist terrorist group, Boko Haram, has released a batch of ore than 80 of the Chibok high school girls who were abducted in mid-April 2014.

The report said the release of the 80 abducted school girls came after further negotiations between the Islamist group and the Muhammadu administration.

Sources also told @saharaReporters that latest release of Chibok girls involved prisoner exchange. However sources close to the deal said only 62 girls were released.

PLUSMILA.com learnt that the source was not in a position to disclose the terms of an agreement that led to today’s mass release of the Chibok school girls.

The 80 girls who just regained their freedom are said to be currently in Banki town in Borno state awaiting airlift to an unknown destination. It is believed that once the girls are secured in a new location they would be debriefed, undergo a psycological and medical test and then be reunited with their families.

Meanwhile, recall that PLUSMILA.com had earlier reported that the America’s foreign Office has warned westerners travelling to Nigeria to be careful as the Islamic terrorists, Boko Haram is “actively planning to kidnap” westerners to raise ransom money for their fight.

The foreign office, according The Telegraph, says the sect is planning to kidnap foreign workers in Bama local government area of Borno state. Part of the foreign office statement read: “We have received reports that Boko Haram is actively planning to kidnap western foreign workers in Bama local government area of Borno state, along the Kumshe-Banki axis,” said the Foreign Office advice.

READ ALSO  Benue state endorses anti-grazing law

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *